Awhile back I introduced you all to my latest idea, a Book Club.
Now that I've finished the book, I hope I can give you some information to entice you to read along with me.
The book I chose is The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. I knew NOTHING about this book other than a friend of mine, Bruno, enjoyed it years ago. One recommendation is enough for me.
I'm hoping at the end of every month I can have a conversation on the Kiss My Smash Facebook Page about a book club selection. But, I have to be honest with you - I'm terrified no one is going to join in the conversation!
I won't give you my full opinion until the end of the month, but now that I am finished I would like to tell you a few things in hopes of persuading you.
Here are a list of reasons for you to read the chosen book:
1. It is very entertaining.
2. The movie version of The Perks of Being a Wallflower is being released September 2012.
3. It is an easy and fast read.
4. There's a good possibility you will laugh out loud more than once.
5. I have quite a few questions about the book and I really need to talk to someone about it!
6. It is not raunchy like 50 Shades of Grey.
7. It takes place in the early 90's.
8. Awkward teenage relationships are always fascinating.
9. It is always nice to add another book to your list.
10. Reading is better than watching bad television.
Alright, what do you say? Will you join me in some nerdy fun?
Let me know that you're in! Comment below, tell me over at the Kiss My Smash Facebook page, or tweet me @KissMySmash.